- Capital sourcing
- Credit restructuring & negotiation
- Merger, acquisition & other transactional expertise
- Public & private debt & equity offerings
- Real estate asset management & disposition
- Financial services & management
- Mortgage lending, title & homeowner insurance services
- Communication, technology & affinity fee services
- Model sale leaseback programs
- Litigation, claims & risk management services
- Corporate governance issues
- Board of director & committee services
- Process, design & implementation
- Operational expertise
- 20-plus years executive and senior management experience in financial services
- Pres. & CEO/Lennar Financial Services, V.P., General Counsel & Secretary, Lennar Corp, Lennar Committee Services; 401k Trustee, Investment, Conflicts & Ethics/Executive Focus Group, V.P., General Counsel, Secretary & Chief Compliance Officer/John Alden Asset Management Co, John Alden Committee Services/Asset Review, Conflicts, Leader/Gerson Lehrman Group Financial Services Council, Chairman of the Board/Lendia Group, Board member, RodBlu Investment Fund I
- Member & former Director & State Chair/American College of Mortgage Attorneys, Florida Bar Mortgage Law Committee
- Brown University, BA; University of Miami School of Law, JD
David B. McCain is a co-founding partner of MPKA, LLC. MPKA provides merger and acquisition services, operational consulting, debt restructuring, strategic planning, capital formation, capital sourcing and financial services advice to the homebuilding industry and to entities seeking to invest in homebuilding.
Mr. McCain is a former senior executive of Lennar Corporation [NYSE: LEN], a member of the Fortune 250 and one of the nation’s largest homebuilders. He last served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Lennar Financial Services (LFS), which during his four year tenure employed over 3,900 and produced annual revenues in excess of $600 million. LFS is comprised of Lennar’s residential mortgage lenders, title insurance provider, personal lines insurance agency, and telecommunications activities. Previously, he served for five years as Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Lennar Corporation, the parent company of LFS. While at Lennar, in addition to his Chief Executive Officer duties, Mr. McCain participated in or co-led numerous acquisitions of public and private homebuilders, mortgage companies and title companies, and, co-managed numerous public debt and equity capital raising events. During his Lennar tenure, Mr. McCain was also a member of the Executive Focus Group, and the Investment, the 401k, and the Conflicts and Ethics Committees.
Prior to joining Lennar, Mr. McCain served over an eleven year period as Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of John Alden Asset Management Company, the investment advisor subsidiary of John Alden Life Insurance Company [NYSE: JA], providing investment advisory services to insurance companies and pension funds as part of a team managing in excess of $4 billion. During that time, Mr. McCain co-led numerous acquisitions of performing and nonperforming mortgage loan portfolios, co-led commercial loan originations in excess of $200 million annually, and developed and leased over one million square feet of office space. While at John Alden, Mr. McCain also served as the Chief Compliance Officer and on the Conflicts and the Asset Review Committees.
Mr. McCain is a designated Leader of the Gerson Lehrman Group Financial Services Council. GLG designated Leaders represent the top five percent of all GLG Council members. GLG Council members provide decision makers at investment firms, corporations and non profit organizations with fast access to expertise that is relevant, essential and appropriate.
Mr. McCain serves on the board of RodBlu Investment Fund I, LLC, a commercial real estate private equity group providing debt, equity, and development expertise and resources for North and Central American real estate opportunities, served, until its successful sale, as Chairman of the Board of Lendia Group, LLC, a provider of variable cost processing and outsourcing solutions to the mortgage industry, and, is a former four term director of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys.
Mr. McCain is a graduate of Brown University and the University of Miami School of Law.