- Improving communications between departments
- Establishing internal controls and segregation of duties
- Accounting policies and procedures
- Internal Audits
- Controller Development
- Contribution Margin/Backlog Profitability Analysis
- 26 years experience in the homebuilding industry
- Northeast Regional Operations Controller, Division Vice President Controller/Lennar Corporation
- Manager Internal Audit, Manager of Controller Development and Division Vice President Controller/U.S. Home Corporation University of North Florida, BBA in Accounting
Troy Hammons brings more than 26 years of hands-on experience in financial and managerial accounting with national and local homebuilders to MPKA Consultants. His experience includes responsibilities for land development and homebuilding operations.
As Regional Operations Controller in the Northeast Region for Lennar Corporation, Troy was responsible for the regional accounting and control functions for 14 divisions in six states. He coordinated the recruiting, hiring, and training of Division Controllers and Assistant Controllers. He maintained a unified and consistent reporting relationship with the Division Controllers and Division Presidents in his region. Troy was the conduit between the region and corporate accounting in all areas of control, accounting policy, and procedures including planning, forecasting, internal audits, internal reporting, and operations reviews.
As a Vice President Division Controller for Lennar, Troy was responsible for the Division’s accounting and control functions, which closed 963 homes in 2004, with an accounting staff of eight associates. His division completed an internal audit that year with no audit points.
Other positions held by Troy during his 26 years in homebuilding include Manager of Controller Development, Manager of Internal Audit, and Division Vice President Controller with US Home Corporation.
Troy earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville, Florida in 1974 after serving 4 years in the United States Navy.