- NAHB certified Green Build verifier
- Mold and water intrusion prevention programs
- Building science forensics
- Third-party mold risk analysis; qualified in thermography
- Safety risk analysis; OSHA 10-hour course trainer
- Cycle time and post-warranty improvement
- 35 proven years in operations management
- VP of Construction and Quality Initiatives/Kimball Hill Homes, Executive Director, Construction and Quality Initiatives/Lennar Corporation, Director, Construction and Quality Initiatives/US Home Corporation, Director of Operations, multi-billion dollar US Air Force research and development facilities
- California State University, Fullerton, BA
Tom Brick brings fifteen years of specialized homebuilding experience to MPKA. Since 1991, Tom worked at the corporate executive level with U.S. Home, Lennar Homes and most recently Kimball Hill Homes to standardize construction programs across all regions of the country for these national homebuilders. Tom has extensive experience in all phases of field construction, including cycle time management, quality initiative programs, scopes of work, construction defect analysis and post-closed preventable warranty. He also has specialized experience in indoor air quality, mold prevention protocols, thermography, green building, safety risk analysis, new home technology as well as building science and forensics. Tom’s last position was Vice President of Construction and Quality Initiative Programs at Kimball Hill Homes.
Tom co-authored the nationally used OSHA approved 10-hour Residential Construction Safety Training Course, as well as authoring several technical construction training and water intrusion and mold protocol manuals. He also designed, developed and implemented regionally-specific construction training programs to meet the needs of all levels of experience from entry-level to the most seasoned homebuilding professional. This comprehensive and unique-to-the-industry program used classroom, on-line and field subject matter expert training with regionally specific video and study guides to ensure a companywide standard of excellence in training.
Tom began his homebuilding career after retiring from the United States Air Force where he spent 25 years working in air operations culminating his career as Deputy Commander for Operations at a classified research and development facility in Nevada. Early in his homebuilding career, he held several positions from entry level Construction Manager to VP of Construction.
Tom is a current member of the National Quality Homebuilding Counsel for the NAHB Research Center. Also active in civic affairs, he works with Habitat for Humanity where he served a term on the Texas Board of Directors. Tom also works with Special Olympics as a charter member of Project Opportunity, a program that teaches life and work skills to mentally handicapped adults, including homebuilding construction skills through a Special Olympics and Habitat for Humanity partnership.
Tom is a graduate of California State University, Fullerton, and holds degrees in Business and Communications.